Babushka and Dedushka were already with Danila when we arrived today. Tatiana came with us, so we were better able to talk with them. They gave us lots of information about Danila, what he likes to eat, his sleeping schedule, etc. They know him so well, and I know I've said it before, but it is so obvious that they love him and are proud of him. It was a good visit. We have some good photos of all of us...I'll keep photos of his birth family to share with Danila as he grows- so that he'll always know that he was loved before we came to bring him home.
Danila and Babushka shared chocolates with us, and we learned that he likes big pieces of whole wheat bread to eat (and will mostly willingly share those, too). I tried to give him some watermelon that we brought with us, but he wouldn't try it. Apparently he's just never had it before- I'm sure he'd like it if he was not too stubborn to try it :) Wait til we get home and his 3 brothers tear into their watermelon- I have a feeling he's going to learn a lot by example! We also learned that he likes bubbles, and can blow them really well, but like Chase, enjoys pouring all the bubble solution out onto the ground just as much.
Again, we were greeted with big smiles and hugs, and got hugs before returning him to his groupa for lunch. I love that he is more and more comfortable with us every day...makes my heart happy. Today we signed more documents that will go to the SDA to make our appeal to adopt Danila. Every day we get closer to making his ours officially.

Love the pictures of him with his grandparents. What an incredible journey you are on. Praying that things move quickly so you can get back to your other boys and introduce them to their new brother.
ReplyDeleteKatrina
Carlene's soon to be momma :)
www.operationorphannomore.blogspot.com
What great pictures! You can definitely see how they love their grandson! What a special blessing that he already knows love!
ReplyDelete