Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act. Proverbs 3:27

Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 29

Appeal update:
From what I gather, everything, all our old documents plus our new ones, plus ones that we signed today, will be submitted to court on Friday (apparently they can only be submitted on Tuesdays and Friday?  Not sure.) When we are in the computer system, then we will be assigned a date, which regularly would be in about a month's time.  However, the judge that we will get (I think Tatyana knows ahead of time?) is willing to work with the date, so it can be adjusted (within some limitations).  So, we play the waiting game some more, hoping to get a date by late next week, and from there, I honestly don't know if it can be manipulated to get us through the week after that, or what.

I wish I knew.  I wish I could plan things out.

If we want to stay, it sounds like it will be at least 2 more weeks.  If we go home and come back, we can again manipulate the date, but have enough of a break to go home and see our boys for a bit before coming back here for court.

What to do??

I'm kicking myself, because I could have gone home right after our first court date and left Bryan here to visit Danya while I took care of the boys at home...who I am SO homesick for.  Ian is walking a fine line between being a super mature boy and a six year old who misses his mom and dad.  Chase and Guy seem to be taking everything in stride, but I think that their concept of how much time we've been away is skewed in the way that happens to little kids.

Now, if we go home, will it be for 5 days?  10 days?  I don't know!  Add 2 days of travel between the planes, trains, and automobiles...I'm just at a loss to determine our best move.

At this point, I'm leaning towards sucking it up and waiting until next week...but I just don't know.  GAH.

On the up side, it sounds like everyone is completely confidant that we will be able to overturn the judge's decision.  No worries on that front.

Things that bring a smile to my face:

Playing with balloons today:



 Here he is looking at pictures of his brothers.  Danila asked "My brothers??!" yesterday.  Melt my heart!!  Yes!!  Your brothers...yours for your WHOLE life!
 Leave me alone, I'm coloring.




2 comments:

  1. Laurie, thank you for the update. We will continue to lift you up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, We are praying for you...that you would have wisdom about what to do and confidence in whatever you decide....
    Thank you for continuing to update,
    Aislinn

    ReplyDelete